|2014 Dwarf Rules
|1. There will be no special class, all cars and trucks will run the same rules.
2. 1928 to 1948 body styles, coupes, sedans, trucks all must have been a production
model. All frames and roll cages, including firewall, doors, and rear section framing,
must be fabricated as a single unit frame following actual contour and deminsions of the
finished body. Must be replica of factory stock body. No body shall be over 40" tall from
bottom of outer edge to extreme top, loaded or unloaded, with or without driver, car must
be within the measurements at all times. No body prior to 1938 shall exceed 36" in width.
No body 1939 or later shall exceed 38" in width, measured at the widest point, usually
the rear door post. American passenger cars and trucks only.
3. You must supply to the tech director an approved diagram or photograph of your car if
you are questioned. Roof slope maximum of 4 degrees. Enter and exit by driver side
4. All tubing must have a minimum of .065 wall thickness. No aluminum frames or roll
cages. Firewall mandatory between trunk area and driver compartment.
5. No fenders front or rear. No sheet metal or panels of any kind forward of the
cowl,except hood and grill.
6. Right and left doors must be operational and allow passage. Door may be shortened
to allow exhaust clearance.
7. Any suspension mounts must be shielded from driver compartment. Right and left
door must have minimum of four bars .065 x .750 tubing. The bar supporting the drive
shaft tunnel may count as one of these bars.
8. Door opening must have supports welded to the inside of the front and rear door post.
Door stops minimum 3/16x2x3.
9. Front frame loop may be installed but cannot be any higher than where it exits the
cowl to front of the frame.
10. Radiator must be mounted in front of motor.
11. All door latches must be positive locking (spring loaded)
12. Hood must be fastened securely by spring latch,bolt, or dzus fasteners.
13. No glass of any kind.
FRAME AND CAGE REQUIREMENTS
14. Frame rails must be constructed of 1x2x.120 rectangular tubing only. This is from
extreme front to extreme rear. Frame rails will be placed with the 2" inch side vertically
and the 1" inch horizontally for the entire length of frame. There will be a minimum of
three cross members in the manned compartment, one at the front end and one at the
center and one at the rear. The cross members will be made of steel only with a
minimum thickness of .120. All cars and trucks must have the top bar of the cage that
forms the top of car/truck made of 1.250 o.d. tubing. This is for safety purposes and will
not be an exception at any time.
NERF BAR REQUIREMENTS
15. Short nerf bars are required. Long nerf bars are optional. Must be three point
mounted. Must be made of 1" inch x .065 mild steel tube. No portion of nerf bars can
extend wider than rear tires.
FRONT AND REAR BUMPER REQUIREMENTS
16. Front bumper may be a maximum of 30" inches wide no less than 6" inches high
(bottom bar) from the ground.
17. Rear bumper must be no wider than 50" inches maximum and minimum of 48"
18. Bumper material is 1" inchx .065 mild steel.
19. Spindles,hubs, rotors and rotor hats must be made of steel. No sway/anti roll bars.
Front suspension must not exceed tire height or extend rearward past the most forward
panel of the firewall except under frame rail. No rear suspension shall be mounted or
extended outside the cars natural body line except through rear wheel opening. Single
pan hard bar allowed. No watts linkage or jacobs ladder. No flexible, no spring loaded or
rubber cushion trailing arms or top links any where in rear suspension.Solid mounting
only. All rear pan hard bars will be mounted behind the rear end, no pan hard bars
mounted in front of rear end. No floater rear ends or quick changes.
20. no torsion bars allowed front or rear.
21. No driver adjustable mechanism in cockpit area or within reach of driver. No electric
or hydraulic, air or ratchet type weight jacks.
22. Automotive type steel bodied shocks (nonrebuildable). Hydraulic or gas shocks only.
No aluminum threaded body shocks, or adjustable canister type shocks. Shock may be
claimed for 50.00. The claim does not include spring or coil over kit. One shock per
wheel. Coil over suspension, no fifth coils.
23. No fuel injection. Carbeurated motors only. No racing type carbeurators.
24. No nitrous or fuel additives of any kind.
24. 125 horse power maximum.
25. No protesting, we will have an engine claim of 850.00.
26. The claim includes the following: Motor,carbs,any ignition that is inside covers.
Nothing can be taken off motor except the header,driveshaft coupler,oil cooler
lines,radiator hoses stay with the car. Motor is unbolted and removed, there will be no
engine swap. (These rules 25&26 does have some room for discussion, we as a group
and not only a couple of people may want to revisit this rule and come up with another
Just keep the motors stock and the money out of this division so we can all be
competitive, if you want to spend a fortune racing then get in another division this one is
not about spending the most money.
27. It is your responsibility to furnish the tech director the serial numbers from your
engine before first night of competition. If car is teched and numbers do not match file
numbers car is disqualified for that night of competition.
28. Top three cars are required to start in the rear of the main event the following week
29. Four cylinder inline motorcycle motors with a production of 500 or more. Serial
numbers must be unmarred and on the motor, any tampering will render the motor
HEADER AND MUFFLER REQUIREMENTS
30. Mufflers are required where tracks mandate.
31. Must be mounted in rear and securely fastened.
32. Racing fuel allowed.
33. No alcohol
34. Fuel cell mandatory
DRIVE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
35. Must be shaft driven to automotive type differential only.Steel drive shafts only and
must be painted white.
36. No bird cage type rearends.No aluminum hubs must be steel. Third member must
be permanently locked (welded). You may run the small mini spool that goes inside the
carrier unit. No aluminum center sections.
37. Must have brakes operating both rear wheels. Front brakes are optional. All drums
and rotors must be steel.
WHEEL BASE REQUIREMENTS
38. Wheel base must be 73" inches. Maximum tolerance 1/2" inch. Must be both sides
long or short (not one side long and other side short).
39. track width will not exceed 60"inches, measured from extreme outside edge to the
other outside edge. Car must fit 60" inch hoop gauge.
40. Center of the front and rear axles will be mounted in the center of the body, no offset
hubs front or rear.
41. The top of the drivers seat must be no more than 63" inches back from the front axle
center line, but may be less if desired. All cars will have a permanent structure bar
located no more than 63" inches back from the front axle center line at 22 1/2" inches
above the bottom frame rail. If driver is tall and heavy they will be allowed to run the
legend seat set back distance of " inches.
TIRE AND WHEL REQUIREMENTS
42. Wheel diameter is limited to 13" inch. Width is maximum of 7" inches. No bead lock
or bead lock type wheels.
43. BF Goodrich 205/60/13 legend edition tires or the federal take off tires only. Tire
must have maximum of 7/32 tread depth and check no lower than 65 duro at anytime of
44. Minimum weight before and after race is 1240 lbs. with driver. The top three in heat
and feature must report to scales immediately after the race, failure to do so will result in
immediate disqualification. We will allow for a 1% burn off.
45. If any weight is added it must be bolted on with machine grade bolts and be painted
white with car number on it.
46. Must have approved five point harness.
47. Approved racing helmets.
48. Fire extinguisher recommended.
49. No radios or listening devices, raceceivers only.
NOTICE: NO HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY ON THE
ENGINE. ALL REPLACEMENT PARTS MUST BE OF OEM STATUS. NO TITANIUM
VALVES, LIGHT WEIGHT PISTONS, NO SHAVING CRANKSHAFT, NO DECKING OF
CYLINDERS. YOU MAY RUN AFTER MARKET AIR FILTERS AND JET KIT.
NOTICE: IF AT ANYTIME, ( DRIVER,CREW MEMBER) TAKES AN AGRESSIVE
APPROACH TOWARD MEMBER OF ANOTHER TEAM OR VDC OFFICIAL OR TRACK
OFFICIAL WHETHER IT BE VERBAL OR PHYSICAL CRIMINAL CHARGES WILL BE
APPLIED AND YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED FROM NIGHTS EVENT AND POSSIBLE
SUSPENSION FOR REST OF SEASON.
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL OR CONSUMPTION DURING VDC EVENTS POSSIBLE
SUSPENSION AND DISQUALIFICATION COULD OCCUR.
THIS IS A FAMILY ORIENTED GROUP SO PLEASE CONDUCT YOURSELF
HAVE FUN AND HOPE YOU ENJOY, PLEASE BE SAFE.