| 2014 LATE MODEL RULES
¤ Cast iron only. 362 cubic inch max
¤ Steel, GM 23 degree - Ford 10 degree
¤ Any steel crank.
¤ No titanium or aluminum rods.
¤ Any flat top pistons and pins. Zero deck. Plus or minus .003 tolerance
¤ Max intake 2.055, max exhaust 1.600. Titanium permitted.
INTAKE / CARBURETOR:
¤ Any one (1) four barrel permitted. GAS or E85.
¤ Any point or electronic ignition. NO traction control.
All boxes subject to removal for inspection.
¤ 6" maximum
¤ Fronts – Open Rears - must durometer minimum 50 anytime
¤ Lucas body rules. All cars must have windshield bars.
OTHER THAN STOCK STROKE – ADD 50LBS
DRY SUMP – ADD 50LBS
49.5LB MINIMUM CRANKS - MAY DEDUCT 50LBS
**Weight must be posted on right-side A-pillar.
Failure to post correct weight will result in disqualification.
One(1) Head & Bore: $400,
Bottom End: $400,
Complete: $600 -
TRACK Retains 30% - Visual $50
Any driver who refuses to tear down will
be considered illegal and be required to start at the rear of the next feature event.
Any car found illegal during qualifications will be required to start at the rear.
CRATE MOTOR Option
¤Sealed or Rebuilt 604 Crate - 2300lbs
¤ 12” Maximum spoiler or 12”X32” Left Sideboard -
Motor must use following factory spec GM parts:
1. GM Block: #10105123
2. GM Crank: #14096036 Minimum weight 54lbs.
No alteration of stroke, rod, or main journal diameter.
3. GM Rods: #12495071 - Must use GM rod bolts
4. GM Cam: #10185071
5. GM Cylinder Head: #12497186
6. GM Head Bolts: #12495499
7. GM Intake Valve: #12555331
8. GM Exhaust Valve: #12551313
9. GM Push Rod: #12371041
10. GM Rocker Arm and adjuster nut: #12367345
11. GM Rocker Stud: #12371058
12. GM Lifters: #523890
13. GM Spider and Lifter alignment retainer mandatory
14. GM Intake Manifold: #12496822 (UNTOUCHED)
15. GM Balancer: #12555879
The following Repair and Rebuild parts will be allowed for Crate Option
1. Oil Pan - Champ Pans Part #CP100LTRB
2. Oil Pump - Standard Cast Iron SB High Volume Pump
3. Piston - Mahle Part #027520 - Max Overbore .030 - Must use supplied wrist pin.
No other alterations other than balancing.
4. Rings - May use Hastings, TRW, Sealed Power. No gapless rings.
5. Gaskets - Any gasket. Head gaskets must be same compressed thickness
as factory GM Part #12557236 gasket which is .051.
6. Valve Springs - Aftermarket valve springs and seals are allowed,
but must use factory retainers and locks.
7. Bearings - May use aftermarket engine bearings.
No rollerized bearings.
8. Timing Chain & Gear - Cloyes Part #GM604
9. Seal bolts not required.
Approved Machine Work for Option #2:
Rotating assembly may be balanced.
Crankshaft balancing may only be done by
drilling or adding weight to counter-balance.
No narrowing or knife-edging of crank will be permitted.
No aftermarket sleeves allowed.
Minimum piston deck height .010. No angle milling.
May be line honed.
No polishing of the block.
Excessive casting debris may be removed.
No performance enhancing coatings.
Surfacing of the head for repair is permitted.
No angle milling.
Multi-angle valve job with minimum
44 degree and maximum 46 degree for primary valve or seat angle permitted.
Combustion chamber cannot exceed 58cc minimum.
Intake port 210cc max.
Exhaust port 82cc max.
Compression Ration maximum of 10.0:1.
Option #2 Disclaimer:
The 604 rebuilt Crate Option #2 is intended to allow a racer a chance to rebuild or repair the GM 604 Crate.
Nothing in these rules and guidelines are designed to improve the performance of the GM 604,
only give the racer a low-cost alternative to Crate Option #1.
Rebuild kits are available from Motor Warehouse in Sacramento, CA
by calling 1-800-367-6717, and Part #PCH350D available with, or without pistons